Author: Wendy | Published: 23th maart 2011 | RSS | LINK

I had quite a lot of trouble making a waveshield (a soundmodule) and an Arduino Mega work. 20 real life buttons need to trigger 20 sounds, without the involvement of a computer (it’s an installation for here). As I was using a big Arduino, the usual easy connection had to modified, which has quite some consequences on the code level and how the sound was played. An unwanted effect was distortion on the sound whilst it was playing.

In this Forum post I explain the problem – and post a possible solution as well.

Thanks again, Gregor, Brussels Hackerspace and Leandro!

2 Comments. Add yours!

  1. Stitching Stories – ReNUM expo in Nantes
    3:38 pm on maart 28th, 2011

    […] The digital map and the physical one are part of an exhibition, so I continued working on the technical aspects of this map. This was not an easy process as you can read here. […]

  2. Ellentriek » Blog Archive » Tested Arduino Shields and the used libraries
    3:49 pm on april 24th, 2012

    […] on the Mega) Here I got into deeper trouble, my sound was distorted, and I found the solution with help from the physical and the virtual world. * Pins used and more info at the Arduino shield […]